oil leak (grrrr)

Hi all,
Have a 1989 4 door 560 sel. My problem is, I have an oil leak. I found out were it is leaking from, the question is as you look into the engine there
is a cylindrical pump on your right side. I am not talk about the cover for the distributer, but on the right hand side. It has a black plastic cap on it. Does anyone know?
TIA,
Bill

it would be nice if we could post pictures huh? if you engine has over 100k miles, I'd suggest taking it to a good INDIE MB mechanic. I've learned there are several engine gaskets that need to be changed around 100k miles. At least one of them is hard to get to - it's a hard job but the only way to stop the leaks is to replace those gaskets.
good luck, Oskar
ps. do any of the social networking sites have anything like these newsgroups? I've looked but I find the newsgroups have better quality of info. Now if we can only get rid of the spams....
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com ha scritto:

You might use an independent image server. Tinypic or Picasa or whatever you feel comfortable with. Then, simply post the link to the image. Example:
http://picasaweb.google.it/S.Cordera/SilverFlag2009 #
;-)

Wow, excellent idea!! Simple too! I like it :)
Oskar