Oil Sensor Defective Signal

Hi: I own a 1998 E-320 with 35K miles. The oil sensor device was replaced after getting an "Oil Sensor Defective" signal. The same warning still
comes up occasionally on engine start up. Could this have anything to do with reprogramming the car computer after the part replacement?

My 1999 E240 used to display the "Oil sensor defective" on startup with increasing frequency. This was most frequent on cold starts. I have had to replace the battery recently. No more "oil sensor" messages after that. It seems the sensor checking software is very sensitive to low voltages due to an old battery. WY

This also explains the light coming on after a cold start. The battery has just expended a bunch of juice to crank the starter, and so is at it's lowest point. After running a minute or two the alternator has put some juice back and hence the light goes off.
Very interesting...
Tnx, Martin for your input. Yes, I am still operating on the original battery. Will check on its status. I noticed that a 7 year warranty battery for this year and model is $67 at Autozone.