oil volume for w114

Hi!
Can anybody tell me, how much oil has to go into a 1969 w114 6 cylinder 230?
Don't have the manual yet and the markings on the stick seem weird.
Have put 6 litres in allready and after a few turns...checked an it's either right, or lacking about another litre...depending on how to read the stick!
Thanxs a lot!
Alex
Level should be between the marks on the dipstick. Don't overfill it.
ok...but I have 3 marks on it... the middle one, I guess is from a bent or something...
I will get a new dipstick an see... thanks tom