oily plug

After further inspection I will be booking in with the local dealer subject: leaking valve cover gasket. With the kind prompt from "tiger" second removal of no. 2 plug after engine start & stop reveals only oil trace on the threads, unlike yesterday's discovery. If this intended plug swap in fact leads to the installation of a new valve cover gasket to fix the leakage in no. 2 cyl. and it weren't for my anal maintenance level what would have been the eventual outcome of this problem.

Reply to
r.mackrill

You'll likely get what's coming to you at the dealer. Why are you changing plugs on a 3 year old car with 16K miles?

Reply to
trader4

Reply to
r.mackrill

And I would say that is the extent of where the car runs better, in your mind. Changing plugs on a 3 year old car with 16K miles for routine maintenance makes no sense. It's like listening to the guys at some of the oil change places that insist you should flush and change your tranny fluid every 15K miles.

As for the stealership, even if it's under warranty, I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to wrangle some cold cash out of you for some other "maintenance" items, while you're there.

Reply to
trader4