Old tyres :(

Page 2 of 3
Do you know if siping can be done on older tires? I have a set of pretty worn summer only Bridgestones that have a little tread left. I was hoping that I could sipe them to get back some wet weather traction
for one more summer. There is 5/64 of tread left so they aren't totally gone, but I don't know. Any ideas?
Too little tread left. I would expect when My tires get that low on tread that the siping would no longer exist.
Yes, do cosider it You can even go to their website... Nokiantyres.com or in usa... nokiantires.com
Tiger wrote:

I did, I find the (only) Dutch dealer and sent them an e-mail. Their website lists the WR model but there's no indication that they're 'all season'. Are all WR's 'all season' or is that a subset of the WR range?
Ximinez
I thought you were in Spain...
I thought you were in Spain...
http://www.ruedasyneumaticos.com /
WR is the all season tires... the Europe website is a bit confusion...but once you select your tire sizes... you will see all their tires.
The US website is much simpler and direct info. nokiantires.com
Tiger wrote:

Ah, yes, some people think that. I wonder why ;)

I looked at it and called the Dutch distributor today, apparently they don't do e-mail. They sent me on to a dealer who was willing to order them for me for 95 EUR a piece (includes tax & fitting). They have to come all the way from Finland, but I guess we can wait a few weeks.
Thanks for the tip!
Ximinez
Personally . . . I wasn't expecting the Spanish inquisition at all?
Hazey wrote:

No, nobody does that ;)
Ximinez
A Dutch guy doing a Monty Python skit? Nah - you sound more like some of the American ex-pats I worked in The Netherlands...
I guess you don't realise that
1) Sense of humour in NL is similar (drier, even) to UK (so even anyone moving there could easily become 'acclimatised).
2) Most people in NL pick up British TV, English is widely understood, so it would be no surprise to find an army of Monty Python aficionados who appreciate (or hate) it like the natives.
DAS
"Josh" < snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:%2OCf.56366$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.southeast.rr.com...

Even more OT. . . Has anyone seen the 2-3 episodes of Monty Python done in German for German TV? Does the humour translate?
John M in the forests of British Columbia
According to my wife the humor doesn't even translate to English... :-)
When I was kid and just started watching Monty Python, I used to watch the whole episode and think well that was sort of a lifeless outing. Then I would go to school and attempt to explain to a friend a small element of the show. It was in the explaining it to others that the absurdity of a 16 ton weight falling on a man's head or a soldier attacking his drill instructor with a banana came alive for me. I would laugh for about a half hour. That is what I still love about it. When I'm down or feeling dull, an image of 22 philosophers on a soccer pitch will come to me, and I can still burst out laughing, although I haven't seen the episode for twenty years. Baby, that's comedy.
Just an aside, and speaking of wives, the wife of a friend of mine bought us three Monty Python films when I went to visit them in Spain just so she could watch us watch them. That amused the hell out of her even though she didn't like Monty Python herself. I really think that it is mostly in the retelling that the humor becomes evident; the sharing of it. It's a wonderful thing.
What I want to know is when I am going to be given the comfy chair and a nice cup of tea. Fear and surprise are telling weapons!
Hazey wrote:

When people start expecting the Spanish Inquisition it kinda spoils the fun, don't you think? ;)
Ximinez
Hear hear. I first heard about the parrot sketch when two friends started telling me about it (they had seen it on TV). They were giggling furiously and could not stop laughing out loud. Only later did I see the sketch (and still thought it a scream).
Of course some of the dialogue has passed into the language in Britain.
DAS
"Hazey" < snipped-for-privacy@juno.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
... snip...

    no it isn't ...
Why not?
DAS
"Guenter Scholz" < snipped-for-privacy@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message
news:drls6i$h2q$ snipped-for-privacy@rumours.uwaterloo.ca...
I'll just take a wild guess and assume he didn't come here for an argument.
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Ximinez