Old tyres :(

Page 3 of 3
A five-minute one or a ten-minute one? (You knew I would ask that...)
DAS

"The Spanish Inquisition" < snipped-for-privacy@myown.mailcan.com> wrote in message
news:43de794e$0$11066$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl...
βœ–
That isn't an argument. IT'S MERE CONTRADICTION!
(and you knew that I would say THAT!) Hah.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Amazingly: yes. One at least, decades ago. Pure coincidence. I was with friends in Germany. The TV was on and suddenly I noticed the Monty Python team. I remember an Albrecht Dόrer theme. It was pretty funny, especially as the German was not great.
I don't think the other people there thought the show that funny, but then I was the only one who wasn't new to the series.
IIRC they were pilots for Germany but nothing came of it.
Would not mind seeing them again
DAS
"John Mauel" < snipped-for-privacy@SPAMtelusplanet.net> wrote in message
βœ–

That's cause laughing is free.
βœ–
Richard Sexton wrote:

Well, it's not as heavily taxed as driving a Mercedes, that's for sure...
Ximinez
βœ–
The WR is the "all weather" tire that I am recommending... apparently they also have regular "all-season" tires in US... called I3... no idea about that...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Despite its other shortcomings the Canadian governent does do at least one good thing: they test snow tires God bless their little icy hearts.
And of course the url to that page is the only thing in government that moves quickly: it hops around like a spring bunny with a double shot of testosterone.
I keep track of it here and just changed it to the current list (again):
    http://articles.mbz.org/tire /
βœ–

Yeah, they help a bit.
The best tire for black ice is re-tire and stay home.
Richard, posting from the black ice capital of the world.
βœ–
Richard Sexton wrote:

Well, for some reason forecasted black ice has a tendency not to turn up after all. Lucky, cause yesterday was one of those rare days I couldn't afford to stay home.
Ximinez
βœ–
In addition to what the others have suggested I'd add engine coolant, automatic transmission fluid & filter, power steering filter element and have the brake fluid changed.
With all the consumables changed these will be fine and reliable cars.
Add pictures here
βœ–
T.G. Lambach wrote:

Thanks, all. I'll make a list for my next checkup.
Ximinez
βœ–
7. T.G. Lambach Jan 24, 8:17 pm
"power steering filter element "
Never knew they had this. Does an 80 300SD have it? How do you change it? TIA
Add pictures here
βœ–
PS pump filter is under the fluid in the pump's reservoir
www.autohausaz.com
PN 0004661604 $3.80
Add pictures here
βœ–

Open the power steering resovoir and there it is, bingo, like a coffee filter dort of thing. Cheap at the dealer.
βœ–

Brake soft hoses. They're date stamped; anything older than 5 years should be replaced.
Under the conditions your cars are being kept you are probably well advised to CHANGE the brake fluid once a year.
The car is ten years old now, change all the rad and heater hoses on principle.
Basically metal parts wear out when they're in use and moving or getting hot.
Rubber ages and gets useless just sitting there; the mantran of any old MB enthusiast upon receipt sof a new car can only be "replace all the rubber". And if it's 30 years old "replace all the brake hydraulics".
Rubber is only your friend when it's new.
βœ–