OPINION: Which is the greatest Mercedes Benz ever built?

I myself am torn between the W116 450SEL 6.9 and the CLK-GTR.

Reply to
CaptainW116

you take the 450SEL then and I'll take the GTR

Reply to
charles blassberg

Mmm... one is like a couple of thousand of dollar and the other one will cost you your house...

Reply to
Tiger

GTR is underpowered.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

C-111, too bad they never sold them, though.

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

Perhaps my message was a bit vague,those were my two choices.I meant out of every model ever produced by Mercedes,sorry.Yeah,I would take the CLK-GTR in a heartbeat and already blessed with a 6.9.

Reply to
CaptainW116

For me there are much Mercedes fantastic, therefore between the classic ones they said: 300 SL (1954-1963) 230,250 and 280 SL Pagoda (1963-1971) As indestructible sedan series 200 (1967-1976)

Between the modern cars said new SLR is incredible! :-)

Bye, Matteo

Reply to
Fabio G.

The C230 Kompressor Coupe. $26,000 Dollars and the only one worth the money.

Reply to
Larry

Naahh, the 300 SEL 6.3

guenter

ps 0-60 mph in under 7s

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Having been with MB now for 26 years I wouild have to say that the W126 has been the most reliable model built.

Reply to
Fred Mertz

Reply to
CaptainW116

Reply to
Hernando Correa

E55

Reply to
Curandera

Having been with MB now for 33 years I would have to say that the W108 has been the most reliable model built. Howard

1972 280SEL 4.5 500K+
Reply to
Howard Nelson

In my opinion the 240D. Mine had 250K and all I did was change oil. My ass did wear the seat a bit. But I only sold it because I was sick of looking at it. could have used more power. But DURABLE!

Reply to
SW

Has to be the GTR !!

Oh I wish I could have a go!

Reply to
Marky

the greatest mercedes ever built was hilters mercedes now in las vegas. i'd never own a nazi piece of garbage.

Reply to
bob wald
540K

Pete Cowper

1987 300E 1960 Austin-Healey 3000 1962 VW Convertible 1974 Porsche 911S 1991 Silverado "Lowrider" Van's RV8 Airplane (under construction)
Reply to
Pete Cowper

Are all of your vehicles running and registered?

============ BuckShot LeFunk ==

1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic

Pete Cowper wrote:

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

Yep . . . you can tell I like old crap, that's why I like the pre-WWII Mercedes 540K. I'm sure thankful for the J.C. Taylor Classic Car policy for my few hundred mile per year cars. I have had the Austin-Healey since college in 1968, the Porsche (my second 911) since 1977 and the VW Convertible was my mother's since 1962.

Pete Cowper

Reply to
Pete Cowper