OPINION: Which is the greatest Mercedes Benz ever built?

Page 1 of 2
I myself am torn between the W116 450SEL 6.9 and the CLK-GTR.

CaptainW116 wrote:

Mmm... one is like a couple of thousand of dollar and the other one will cost you your house...
GTR is underpowered.
.
Perhaps my message was a bit vague,those were my two choices.I meant out of every model ever produced by Mercedes,sorry.Yeah,I would take the CLK-GTR in a heartbeat and already blessed with a 6.9.
C-111, too bad they never sold them, though.

For me there are much Mercedes fantastic, therefore between the classic ones they said: 300 SL (1954-1963) 230,250 and 280 SL Pagoda (1963-1971) As indestructible sedan series 200 (1967-1976)
Between the modern cars said new SLR is incredible! :-)
Bye, Matteo
The C230 Kompressor Coupe. $26,000 Dollars and the only one worth the money.
Having been with MB now for 26 years I wouild have to say that the W126 has been the most reliable model built.
The 420SEL and the 560SEL were both fine cars.

Having been with MB now for 33 years I would have to say that the W108 has been the most reliable model built. Howard 1972 280SEL 4.5 500K+

    Naahh, the 300 SEL 6.3
guenter
ps 0-60 mph in under 7s
Yeah,thats a definate induction to the hall of fame also,but seems only purist can appreciate these!I love em,but can't locate one to add to collection!
Guenter Scholz wrote:

Let's consider affordable MB vehicles. Which one of the current models is the overall best?
CaptainW116 wrote:

E55

In my opinion the 240D. Mine had 250K and all I did was change oil. My ass did wear the seat a bit. But I only sold it because I was sick of looking at it. could have used more power. But DURABLE!

Has to be the GTR !!
Oh I wish I could have a go!
the greatest mercedes ever built was hilters mercedes now in las vegas. i'd never own a nazi piece of garbage.
540K
Pete Cowper 1987 300E 1960 Austin-Healey 3000 1962 VW Convertible 1974 Porsche 911S 1991 Silverado "Lowrider" Van's RV8 Airplane (under construction)
Are all of your vehicles running and registered?
===========BuckShot LeFunk =1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic
Pete Cowper wrote:

Yep . . . you can tell I like old crap, that's why I like the pre-WWII Mercedes 540K. I'm sure thankful for the J.C. Taylor Classic Car policy for my few hundred mile per year cars. I have had the Austin-Healey since college in 1968, the Porsche (my second 911) since 1977 and the VW Convertible was my mother's since 1962.
Pete Cowper