OT: Mulch warning

If you use mulch around your house be very careful about buying mulch this year. After the hurricane in New Orleans many trees were blown over. These trees were then
turned into mulch and the state is trying to get rid of tons and tons of this mulch to any state or company who will come and haul it away. So it will be showing up in Home Depot and Lowes at dirt cheap prices with one huge problem; Formosan Termites will be the bonus in many of those bags. New Orleans is one of the few areas in the country were the Formosan Termites has gotten a strong hold and most of the trees blown down were already badly infested with those termites. Now we may have the worst case of transporting a problem to all parts of the country that we have ever had. These termites can eat a house in no time at all and we have no good control against them, so tell your friends that own homes to avoid cheap mulch and know were it came from. Here's the link:
Click here: LSU AgCenter . Formosan Subterranean Termites Portal
Interesting 'story' but Snopes says it is false: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/termites.asp

It does contain a statement that the gov't is TRYING to control it... Control what? Why? I still say: Caveat Emptor! Regarding anything coming out of any flooded area...including autos that were once under water and CEO's desiring to continue their income will SAY ANYTHING! That "anything" to me means that "I'm from Missouri", "show me". If this termite can be sent elsewhere, then that creates big $ for some...and that's the American way!
http://www.lsuagcenter.com/en/environment /

How would you know where it came from in the first place. Most packaging doesn't say. All the rumor sites (i.e. Snopes, About.com, etc) list this as an "Urban Legend".
Davehd

One could find out, though it would take some research. One clue, not limited to this but with any product, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Usually that has to do with a dirt low price. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that it is in fact true (LA has a lot of trash to get rid of...those truck loads have to go somewhere) and once the word is out, it's time for rumor control ... to allow the sellers to pocket $ and move on to the next quick dollar deal.
Dave HD wrote:

Helen wrote:

It wouldn;t surprise me to see that you're a total ass, posting totally OT messages to newsgroups as if they were fact when you now admit you don't even know if they are true.