Outside temp display on a 93 190e

Does anyone know where the connector(s) for the outside temp display plug in at? I saw a picture of the display and it showed to wire harnesses coming out of it with connectors at the end. My temp display
doesn't work at all (the screen is blank) and I'm wondering if someone just unplugged it.
I looked under the dash to try and find where it plugged in but I couldn't locate anything in the maze of wires under there.
I also pulled the dash out as far as I could with the spedo cable connected and didn't see anything there either.
Any help would be appreciated.
You are going to hate where it is..... it is under the fusebox. Inside the box under the fusebox!
But, it is not disconnected. 99 out of 100, when the display is blank the sensor is open.

Agree with what Karl says. If the display is intact, not broken LCD, the sensor (behind front license plate) is usually the culprit. The LCD shows blank when the sensor goes out of range (resistance too high or too low).
I replaced the sensor on my 84 190D, not going under the fusebox (too much trouble). I just cut the wire near the left fender...
If the LCD display does break, go find a used one (either junkyard or eBay). A new one from dealer is probably more than $200.
Karl wrote:

Ok, thanks guys. So in order to replace the sensor you have to either replace it all the way back to the fuse box where it plugs in, or cut and splice a new sensor in? Does cutting it affect the accuracy too much? Is it just a single wire?
Wan-ning Tan wrote:

Also, isn't the display suppose to be backlit? That's why I thought the display itself was unplugged because there's no backlight and no display at all.
The sensor is quite sensitive so a good, clean connection is necessary. I used solder. There are two wires.
The LCD display is backlit. If there is no light, you need to check the assembly. It just sits inside the cluster housing but is a completely separate unit and it is lighted by itself, not by the light from cluster. The wires (contains 5 wires, 2 from sensor, +, ground and light) are directly behind the unit so trace from its back. The wires are about 12" long, shape like "Y".