over fill motor oil

The mechanic over filled the motor oil by 2 quarts. I noticed loss power and drove the car for about 1K miles. Will this damage my car permanently?
Thanks

foam is not a good lubricant. the spinning crank acts like a blender as it hits the surface of the oil
i would guess YOUR OK.
the case, minus a few cans!
Drain the extra motor oil out immediately. You should be okay.
What would cause his power loss if the engine was not already damaged by the excess oil?

I would think the connecting rods slapping through the oil would cut the power down.

That's correct. That's one... the other is foaming oil reduces oil to critical area causing higher than normal friction.
FREE-BROADBAND http://home.iprimus.com.au/global11 /