Overcharging on Brake Calipers and Idle Controller

Recently I priced a set of brake calipers for my 1984 Mercedes 500SEL and was surprised to learn that "Just Brakes" wanted over $300.00 a piece for them. Shpping around on the internet, I found the same calipers for $150.00. It would seem that "Just Brakes" charges for the convenience of being able to supply the calipers "the same day". No longer is there a competitive market out there, but those who would rather milk the customer for every dime they can possibly squeeze out of them, if they are willing to pay extra due to "incon- venience". The great engineering of Mercedes gets no respect from prolish bloodsuckers in the aftermarket. I also needed an idle controller, for which the Mercedes dealer wanted $300.00, and an additional $90 to install. "Installing" required "unplugging" the old unit and "plugging in" the new unit. What a waste of money. Needless to say, the same idle controller sells for $150.00 on the internet and a repair manual would probably be around $50.00. By waiting, I could have saved $190.00. The problem is, I needed the car the next day to drive to my new job, without incident. Oh my.

Reply to
American

American: sounds like your a victim here. unacceptable. maybe if you knew your 6 " P's " (Prior - Planning - Prevents - Piss - Poor - Performance) you wouldnt be it this predicament you put yourself into. and i am pretty sure you didnt find out that you had to start your new job the day you wrote this fullish complaint.........so i guess if you need to start your new job with the only car that you have you will fork up the money right........... cost of doing bizzzzz...............dont complain because of your ignorance..........

Reply to
WRENCHER