Paint Code #

From the VIN, i get the paint colde # 172 for my 300SDL. According to the dealer, that code is "anthracite grey metallic". My car is a light brownish/tan/gold. Is that anthracite grey metallic or has it been repainted somewhere along the line?

Reply to
sdp1

go look for yourself

has paint samples back many years

Reply to
Mark Hoffman

Instead of the VIN, confirm the paint code from the MB data card that is affixed to the radiator support, near the hood latch. That plate has all the option codes for the car when it left the factory. If the number is the same, then it does appear that the car was repainted.

Reply to
MTI

Great page...thank you..i can see from that page that my car is not anthracite grey metallic. I see no evidence of it having been painted over. When it is daylight i'll check the data plate instead of going by the dealers VIN decoding.

Reply to
sdp1