Paint on 1983 300SD..?

Hi Gang.., I've got an 1983 300SD you couldn't kill with nerve gas.., I mean the damn thing just keep ticking. It's got the original dark blue paint
which really cleans up nice when buffed and waxed, but it's starting to show through to the primer in some spots. Is that a special paint.., or can just about any paint shop re-shoot the car with the same results. What type of paint was (is) it..?
Thanks, Mike..!!

    Mike, although I'm not 100% certain, it is likely Glazurite.... or some such similar spelling
cheers, guenter
On Sep 24, 12:53 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca (Guenter Scholz) wrote:

Yes, Glasurit is regarded as the best of paints.