Performance advice?

Hi, I'm changing from a bmw 740i,...I want a mercedes saloon either e-class, or s-class. What models will give me the performance I am used to,..I will consider petrol or diesel......all help greatly appreciated, as I'm not mechanically minded. thanks, Jm

Reply to
jodledums

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk haute in die Tasten:

If you buy new, you should look for cars with the new 3,5 litre V6 engine which offers both performance and economy. If you buy used or you think this may not be enough for you, go for the 5 litre V8, which is available both in E- or S-Class cars. If you consider a Diesel, look for the V8 4 litre CDI engine. It has more torque than the BMW engine. If you want to buy performance, keep in mind, that the E-class is considerably smaller and lighter than the S-class and that the new 7 speed auto gearbox adds some performance.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

You guys are so lucky... 4.0 CDI... go for it.

Reply to
Tiger