Phoenix area MB mechanics?

Does anybody have any recent experiences with MB mechanics in the Phoenix area?
My '02 C230k Sport Coupe went in for its first-ever out-of-warranty
regularly-scheduled service today, and of course, the dealership came up with about $1300 worth of work that I should get done, on top of the $220 I'm already paying for an A service.
I don't yet have the sheet with the complete list of parts and services recommended, but I can say the first item the service advisor mentioned was replacement of some front suspension parts for $800. Apparently, some bushings have cracked and the danger is that I'll start chewing up tires.
They also recommended a $290 transmission servicing (MB recommends this be performed at 100k mi, but dealer recommends performing at 50k mi) as well as a "carbon flush" and air filter replacement (another $250 or so).
Once upon a time, I collected some recommendations that others had requested for Phoenix-area MB shops, but it's been awhile and I wondered if anybody had any recent experiences they wanted to share. I may yet go back to the dealership and fork over the $1300, but I sure wasn't happy that the cracked bushings showed up the minute the car was out of warranty.
--Paul ** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **