Phone in C240

Have bluetooth phone........what do i need to do to get the car to recognize it?

Reply to
Buhwahaha

Buy a new car.

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

Thanks. Now go f*ck yourself. May you and your family die of a slow burning cancer. Happy Holidays, Buhwahaha

Reply to
Buhwahaha

The serious answer: Mercedes has the worst bluetooth of any auto manufacturer, bar none. First of all the car has to be wired for bluetooth. A new Mercedes may be billed as Bluetooth ready, but that does not mean the Bluetooth wiring and microphone are actually installed in the car. If they were not factory installed then the dealer will charge around $1500 to do it. If the car is actually wired then you have to buy a separate dedicated cradle for the few useless phones Mercedes recognizes or their generic Bluetooth receiver. Either will cost another $400. Alas, the implementation of Bluetooth by Mercedes is, to be charitable, abysmal. My two year old BMW recognizes and works well with even the cheapest no name Bluetooth phone. Ditto my mother's American car. It is difficult to register bluetooth phones with the Mercedes and difficult to initiate calls using the Mercedes console, presuming your car is "Bluetooth ready" to begin with so you have telephone controls built into the car, and receiving calls is fitful at best. Good luck. You will need it. You may want to look into non-Mercedes options although I do not know what they are.

Reply to
flambe

Gee! Aren't we sensitive. I guess maybe, next time, you will do your homework before buying the car.

Are there any cars that have a worse bluetooth implementation than Mercedes?

It absolutely astounds me that this continues to be such an issue. What is going on with the boys in Stuttgart?

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

Then, could you please forward the message from Buhwahaha to them?

Have fun,

Mobi

Reply to
mobi