Phone Installation - C240 (2002)

Hello everyone,
I want to install phone on my 2002 C240. My understanding is it will connect to my cell phone and the calls will automatically be received
by the car instead of my cell phone (Just like a GPS blue tooth connectivity). Right now clicking the "Phone" buttons gives "No Phone" message.
I contacted dealership and they want $1000 for it. Is there any less expensive way to install it?
Thank you for your help.

Mobile Phone installer would be aftermarket handfree system and doe NOT integrate with factory system.
I have retrofitted my folk's car... I simply buy necessary parts on ebay and install it myself.
Here are the installation manuals
http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsite/phone_bulletins.htm
There are people selling their kits on ebay... about $300.