PICS: Here comes the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG - Nice!

The first official shots of Mercedesí new high-performance C63 AM saloon have been released showcasing Stuttgartís new sledgehamme sedan thatís set to compete with the upcoming BMW M3 and Audiís RS4
Sporting the familiar hand-built 6.2L AMG V8 engine, the C63 churn
out 450hp, down on the 507hp in the E63 sedan but still a significan leap in performance over its rivalís offerings. Max torque is a ver healthy 600Nm, with more than 500Nm from 2,000 all the way up t 6,250rpm. Expect a 0 to 100km/h time of 4.5 seconds and a electronically controlled 250km/h top speed
Differences over the regular C-class include the 3.5cm wider body,
new bonnet, AMG labeled trim and 18in wheels as standard wit optional 19in alloys to house the 360mm front brake discs
View the attachments for this post at: http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p Č75401#897540
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I never thought I'd hear myself saying this....But these hyper saloons are getting a bit silly now, all these power increases offer very little in the way of real world perfomance gains.
I suppose it's the law of diminishing returns and the fact we've probably reached the limit of current tyre technology, but faced with the choice of a £30K Mercedes that will reach a limited 155 mph and 0-60 in around 5.5 seconds or a £100K Mercedes that will reach a limited 155 mph and 0-60 in around 4.7 seconds, it's a no brainer really isn't it.
If I wanted to go lunatic fast and I had six figures to spend, I'd buy an Aerial Atom or similar track day car, then with the other £70K I was saving, probably buy a nice two year old Bentley Arnage Red Label, my idea of pleasant motoring, a 6.75 litre gentlemans club...:-)
I guess I'm just getting old....
Alan M
Add pictures here
‚úĖ