Pilot Sport vs. Pilot Sport A/S

I'm running Pilot Sports on my E55 and am considering a shift over to the A/S version of the same tire. I'm not running the car in snow but occasionally I'll run it in the wet. Will the All Season(A/S) tire trade
off much in the way of dry handling?
I saw a Mercedes bulletin that said under no circumstances use the A/S model.

Performance tire is everything except snow... so don't change it. Going from Performance tire to All season tire is very very very dramatic difference in traction and performance.