PING: Bill Ditmire... W123 Glass Needed...

Some nice person broke into my 83 240D tonight by smashing the left rear quarter glass... The center console was virtually destroyed by the thief in his removal of my week-old CD player, pulling all the
rotary ventilation and heating switches away, along with the 4 switches on the upright panel...
The primary problem at this point is to find and replace the glass... Searches on Google and Ebay brought no joy... Essentially, I need an on-line salvage source or a good local source in the DC area... Does Springfield Motors in Virginia do this sort of work...?
I'm going to be out of touch for the next few days while traveling, but I'll check in via Google... Thanks for any info you or others may provide...
<! -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- > zenit

We have everything you will need including free advice. Call Monday 9-4, ask for Ed Gibson in Parts. Still have plenty of used goodies for the 123 crowd!
On 09 Nov 2003 14:19:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bill Ditmire) had to open a new box of zerones to say:

As usual, Ditmire to the rescue... o:) I'll call Ed at the shop on Wednesday...
Price Courtright a.k.a

You and I both Bill, but you're where right, their disappearing. Martin Autobahn Auto
I hope your mechanical abilities are better than your grammar and spelling...
;-) DAS --

Your point?
From your earlier post I inferred you were connected with a car dealership/garage, and your post was written with a couple of glaring errors (I know, I know, e-mail lends itself to a slapdash approach) so that I expressed the hope that you were better at your job than English..
Lighten up -- it wasn't meant to be very serious.
DAS --
During my 1000 mile trip from DC to SE Missouri, I saw exactly one other W123... With only 172,000 on the clock, I plan to keep my little 240D up and running until I can no longer drive... It's an extraordinary road beast, delivering 28.5 mpg at 75 mph while feeling like the proverbial bank vault on wheels... Why more aren't on the road is a mystery to me because that's where the car shines...

Well there weren;t really that many in the first place, compared to Fords or Chevies. Now many have been culled out by rust, crashes, and mileage. The best ones will be on the road for a long time.