Plan on buying C230 Sport Coupe. Suggestions/Comments?

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2002 C230 Coupe/Hatchback with 44,000 miles with the only option is Automatic Transmission. Asking price is $17,000. I
currently have a 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited that I plan on trading in. What are your experience with this particular model. Seems cheap for the price of a 2 1/2 year old MB. My Cruiser is worth $12,500 retail, and $8,200 trade in. It seems my cruiser may hold better resale/trade-in values.
Any suggestions as to buying this car or just keeping the PT Cruiser would be appreciated.