Please help 300E cold start injector

My 1990 300E 2.6 turns on cold start injector ALWAYS regardless of engin temperature. I've disconnected the injector cable and runs fine always. Any experience/thought?
Thanks in advance.
Don
Bad temperature sensor for fuel injection?

Thanks for answer. I checked all three sensor on the engin block and all fine. The four terminal one, which I think is for controller, looked fine. I measured values and they ran around 1Kohm when cold, and 200ohm when hot. I also measured voltage and looked fine.
BTW, the car runs well without having the cold start valve connected. It takes a little bit of more cranking like 5 seconds to start, but it's o.k. now. However, I need to fix that for winter.
Thank you very much ...
Don
The cold start injector injects fuel for only a very brief period - seconds, not minutes. Currently it's this lack of fuel that delays the engine from starting. OK now but not so in January.