Power increases during hot weather? C43

The weather has turned hot ~35C.

During some days, I've noticed a very significant increase in power and responsiveness.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

tom

Reply to
Tom Glinos

Try removing a battery cable for 15 minutes (have your radio code handy for reconnection). It resets the transmission memory to factory defaults. Always gives the car new punch. The Driver Adaptive feature tends to bog down from normal daily driving, then gives sporadic intermittent bursts of performance or an overall dull response.

It could be a MAS unit working better at a higher air temperature (they calculate engine needs based on a heated sensor temperature). Maybe a sign it needs a shot of electronics cleaner or replacement if it works better in a warmer air environment than cool?

In general, colder air is denser air, which is why supercharger/kompressor engines use intercoolers. In theory it should have more power at cooler air temps.

Also, the S/W switch (Standard or Winter) on the shift console controls Standard first-gear startout, or Winter second-gear startout (with more conservative shift points up the scale). You're consistently using S for normal driving, right?

Most of these things are well known to anyone excited enough to buy a C43, but a recent sales experience had me explaining the S/W switch to the Mercedes-Benz salesman who was demonstrating my new car to me (SLK32).

Hope this helps!

Reply to
Rugbyguy

Usually during high humidity time... that you feel more power because of moisture... Dry day feels less power.

Reply to
Tiger