power seat not working

My incline on the passenger seat is not working. I am now fully reclined and cannot incline. I feel like cheech from cheech and chong. Everything else works except incline. Anyway, how difficult is this to fix and how do
I go about doing it. Thanks.

Most likely the switch is bad. They routinely fail with corroded contacts inside. Open up the door (it's easy) take out the switch, take it apart, clean it put it back together and save yoruself the $75 cost of a new one.
While the door is open you can apply 12V and GND to the correct two wires to put the seatback into a more normal position.
I will give it a whirl. Thanks. I hope your easy and my easy are comparable.
wrote:

Everything
do
Hi Richard, Where do I start with opening up the door? Bottom? Window side? Do I pry it off to start? Usually if I know the best place to start everything becomes apparent as I get in there. Thanks. Lee
wrote:

Everything
do

http://interior.mbzarticles.org/doors /

Before you start taking things apart, try this simple fix, which I learned from a mechanic at my Mercedes dealership. This assumes that only the incline and headrest don't move, and that the seat still moves forward and rearward.
Move the seat all the way forward. Then move the seat all the way back. You might need to repeat this once.
The mechanic told me this resets the seat mechanism in all Mercedes and the seat tilt should work again.
It worked in my wife's 2004 C320.
- Bob

... which has microprocessors. The original posters car is a pure analog system. Dollars to donuts the switch is just dirty inside; opening it up and cleaing them is pretty easy and a lot cheaper than guying a new switch.
Plus, you have to modify the new switch in some cases:
http://interior.mbzarticles.org/seats/seatsw /