Power Window Motor Rebuild?

It figures that my window would die right after asking questions about it!

Has anyone attempted to replace the brushes in a 300SD power window motor?

I'd hate to pay for a new motor if it's possible to pop a set of brushes in it.

Reply to
Paul Valois

Don't see why not. Where are you gonna get brushes?

There's three versions, 8 tooth, 10 tooth and 14 tooth. These can be as cheap, used, as $32.

Richard Sexton

Ace Hardware has a big slection of brushes..

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Are you REALLY sure you need a motor? The failure rate is VERY low.

Reply to
Karl

I agree... majority of time is just the window switches needed to be cleaned out internally.. specifically oxidation of 6 electrical contact points.

Reply to
Tiger

How can you tell if its a motor? I replaced the switch on mine but it still does not work.

Reply to
John E Culver

Isolate the motor and see if you can make it go with external power.

You should also check your relay.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

The motor has a black plastic plug with two wires coming from it. Connect

12V and ground to it from a known good source of 12V and ground. If it turns, it aint the motor.
Reply to
Richard Sexton