Power Window Motor Rebuild?

It figures that my window would die right after asking questions about it!
Has anyone attempted to replace the brushes in a 300SD power window motor?
I'd hate to pay for a new motor if it's possible to pop a set of brushes in it.

Don't see why not. Where are you gonna get brushes?
There's three versions, 8 tooth, 10 tooth and 14 tooth. These can be as cheap, used, as $32. http://car-parts.com
Ace Hardware has a big slection of brushes..
--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"Richard Sexton" < snipped-for-privacy@vrx.news> wrote in message
Are you REALLY sure you need a motor? The failure rate is VERY low.

I agree... majority of time is just the window switches needed to be cleaned out internally.. specifically oxidation of 6 electrical contact points.
How can you tell if its a motor? I replaced the switch on mine but it still does not work.

Isolate the motor and see if you can make it go with external power.
You should also check your relay.
--

Roger Shoaf

The motor has a black plastic plug with two wires coming from it. Connect 12V and ground to it from a known good source of 12V and ground. If it turns, it aint the motor.