Pre glow relay light comes on

Is there any problem with the pre glow relay light coming on while driving?
Will this cause the glow plugs to burn out more quickly?
What can I do to fix this?
ie do I need to replace the preglow relay?
1979 240D
Jerry
Say not the Struggle nought Availeth wrote:

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Juergen
Crap.
Thanks, Juergen.
Juergen . wrote:

You might want to check to see if one of the glow plugs are bad... On mine, if number 5 is bad, it will do that.... And I was told by a mercedes mechanic that nine times out of ten thats the one that will go bad on the six cylinder models...
Re: Pre glow relay light comes on Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Thu, Oct 30, 2003, 3:29am (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GHCjr) You might want to check to see if one of the glow plugs are bad... On mine, if number 5 is bad, it will do that.... And I was told by a mercedes mechanic that nine times out of ten thats the one that will go bad on the six cylinder models... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx he said it was a 240D
case
the case, minus a few cans!