Pre glow relay light comes on

Is there any problem with the pre glow relay light coming on while driving?

Will this cause the glow plugs to burn out more quickly?

What can I do to fix this?

ie do I need to replace the preglow relay?

1979 240D

Jerry

Reply to
Say not the Struggle nought Availeth

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Crap.

Thanks, Juergen.

Juergen . wrote:

Reply to
Say not the Struggle nought Availeth

You might want to check to see if one of the glow plugs are bad... On mine, if number 5 is bad, it will do that.... And I was told by a mercedes mechanic that nine times out of ten thats the one that will go bad on the six cylinder models...

Reply to
GHCjr

Re: Pre glow relay light comes on Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Thu, Oct 30, 2003, 3:29am (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GHCjr) You might want to check to see if one of the glow plugs are bad... On mine, if number 5 is bad, it will do that.... And I was told by a mercedes mechanic that nine times out of ten thats the one that will go bad on the six cylinder models... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx he said it was a 240D

case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN