Pre-Safe system

Hi there,

I'm currently undertaking a study on the Mercedes Pre-Safe system. Does anybody here have much information on the development of it?

Since it was unvealed in 2002 there have been other manufacturers who have developed similar systems. As Pre-Safe was the first of its kind did the other manufacturers have to license their product from Mercedes? Do Mercedes own the patent outright? I am really seeking any legal information on the Pre-Safe system.

Any info appreciated! Many thanks, Alex

Reply to
dancedynamix

Lexus has something akin to Pre-Safe on its LS model that uses a somewhat different approach; it's very doubtful that there's any sharing between these systems.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach