Problem with windows (non Microsoft)

I have a problem with the windows in a '85 300sd, the window motor and the transmission thing work fine but that quarter circle thing with the teeth has some of the teeth worn out. Is this hard to replace? Is it
hard to remove the sheet metal that is behind the door siding?
Thank in advance for any help!
cp
PS What is that relay with the 10A fuse for? Says 'safety' or something in German and it made my tach work :-)

You don't need to remove any metal to remove the regulator. I have directions here someplace, I'll dig them up, slap them on the web and post a link RSN.

Hey it must be the tach fuse :-) You should get the manuals on CD they explani all this stuff. $100 from MB or $20 for a bootleg copy off ebay.
--
Richard Sexton | MB, BMW parts: http://buyeuroparts.com

OK!
:-) hmmmm... which to get?.... i'll keep that to myself! Is the CD worth getting? I have the ALLDATA DIY account and it's almost useless.

http://interior.mbzarticles.org/regulators /
First unbolt regulator from glass retaining plate (the metal plate the window in pressed into), then using button on console retract mechanism all the way down.
Now, here's the possibly tricky part: on my car there are 3 cutouts on the door panel which allow access to the 3 ea. 5 mm allen headed bolts which hold electric motor onto regulator. You have to unbolt motor and leave in door when you remove regulator.
If the access holes aren't there, the MB Body/Chassis manual provides precise instructions on where to drill holes.
Once motor is removed, unbolt regulator from door panel, slide aft, pull from door. Hope this helps!

The factory manuals are the only ones you want to get.
--
Richard Sexton | MB, BMW parts: http://buyeuroparts.com
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:07:51 -0400, "marlinspike"

We don't get books any more, its all on the computer. Although all the pages I ever seem to need in the books are missing anyway :-/
Wiring diagrams in the books were much better, one big fold out sheet of paper. From the CD you have to print out countless sheets of paper and stick them all together...
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk

You got a spare CD lying around? :-)