Puzzling door lock behaviour

I'm puzzled, my '89 300E door locks have been acting strange lately. If I unlock the car from the passenger side - only that door opens and none of the
other locks even twinge. However, if I unlock the car from either the driver door or trunk, then everything unlocks, 'including' the passenger door..... I'm stumped, anyone have any ideas? Much appreciated!
cheers, guenter
Electric switch on the passenger door side is not working... it is electrical trigger to tell vacuum pump to pump or vacuum to open or close the door locks.

ways I'm still thinking along the lines of my old 240D. You got vacuum from the engine and that was that, no extra pump. So I was thinking either you got vacuum or you don't, so what gives with the doors.... :-) live and learn
cheers, guenter

the door lock? Do I need to take off the door panel to get at it?
cheers, guenter

One click opens the driver door only, two clicks open all four.
Mike
--
To reply via e-mail, delete twangtown and substitute earthlink.
"Guenter Scholz" < snipped-for-privacy@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message

key fob.
cheers, guenter

Guenter Scholz wrote:

I just had this problem with my '92 300D only it was the driver's door that had no effect on the other locks. In my case the vacuum pump was the culprit. That it worked at all from the passenger side sounds a bit counterintuitive but replacing it cured the problem.
JD

work....
cheers, guenter