Quality and Reliability -- How Good is it?

I have had a 2003 CLK320 Cabriolet for about 7 months; it has about 20,000 miles on it.
I've had it back to the dealership 4 times now with material issues:
- One time, it wouldn't shift out of 1st gear - One time, the top mechanism stopped working - One time it was losing memory settings for the drivers seat and the passenger side mirror - One time, a window would not stay up
All 4 times, the diagnosis was that there was a faulty computer chip.
Along with this is the fact that there are what I consider an unacceptable number of squeaks and rattles in the car.
Is my experience typical with Mercedes???
Thanks,

Sadly, IMO, seems to be the case since about 1995.
Howard 1972 280SEL 4.5 (Bolted not Bonded)

No such irritations with my W208 2001 CLK 320 Cab, just one with the window lift (easily fixed by resetting) and a broken air conditioning vent frame in driver's footwell (fixed by dealer for minimal cost) .
Do you have the W208 (in which case it should be fully matured)? If W209 then you have a new model without the faults ironed out yet. (I can't remember exactly when the new CLK Cab came out).
DAS
"Andrew W. Frank" < snipped-for-privacy@san.rr.com> wrote in message
news:BEC868A4.8AAA% snipped-for-privacy@san.rr.com...
2002 S500 bought new in June 2002. 1) replaced thermostat. 2) replaced plastic seat base (cracked) driver side. 3) new tires at 19,000 and now at 32,000. 4) complete brake job at 30,000 miles. 5) replace weather strips at bottom of doors (recall). 6) doing so (#6) caused chunks of paint to fall off bottom side of front doors exposing rust on passenger side door.
21 000 miles and good tread left on my Pirelli 6000s. Urban and motorway driving. Why should yours wear out so quickly?
DAS
How the H*ll do I know? It is what it is. Are UK roads different?
Yup. We drive on the other side.
DAS
"DaFlaBear" < snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3212.bay.webtv.net...
I've got the W209 -- I think 2003 was the 1st year.