Quality of new E Series vs. BMW 5 series

Any statistics yet on the quality of the new E Series? I am thinking of it vs. the new BMW series coming out. And although I like them both, the deciding factor will be the amount of time I have to spend with it at the
dealer getting things fixed.
ag wrote:

Noone can say anything about that - you can have bad luck with both.
Juergen
Although I'm partial to BMW for the performance and fun driving experience I'd say that both cars are probably equally reliable as an average. I havent heard any big issues with either the newer e's or 5's. With equal reliability I think you should base your decision on whether you want a pure luxury car (Benz) or a sportier/funner car with slightly less luxury (BMW).
-Adam

it