Question About Hatch Seal On 107's

The seal lining the softtop compartment of my 380sl was worn and leaking in places. So I ordered an after-market replacement that was marked with the Mercedes Part #1077580198. Most of the part's features
seem correct, and it appears that the part number is correct. But the seal seems like its about 2-3" too long. Plus it isn't cut to allow the catch on the latching mechanism to come up and grab the hook on the softop when the hook is inserted into the hole in the hatch.
So I'm wondering whether there's something wrong with the part, or I'm just missing something. Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.