Question about Keyless Entry and Keyless Go

Hello,
I am wondering what would you do to unlock the 'dead Mercedes' when the battery drains down. Or when the remotes or transponders malfunction or
are drained. I've seen lot of current models without the keyhole on the doors and are opened with remote or transponder.
How would you enter the car to open the bonnet or boot to jump start the car?
Oliver
My 1999 E class had a black plastic plug in the keyhole on the drivers side door for the manual key. It wasn't obvious unless you were looking for it. Not sure about the newer cars.
--
Jeff

"Ennui Society" < snipped-for-privacy@none.net> wrote in message
My 2000 C class does have a keyhole in the drivers door. The key fob comes apart to reveal a metal key which can be used to enter the vehicle, but not start it. Which is why I keep a couple of batteries for the key fob in the glove compartment.

The batteries should not be required to start the car. You can safely remove the batteries from the remote and still start the car.
--
Jeff

"kipper" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Are you sure? The Smart Key uses an infrared LED to "handshake" with the vehicle's ignition system. How would the LED in the key emit any light without a battery? Now, the old blade-style keys, including the switchblade style and those with theft-deterrent chips, do not require a battery to operate the ignition switch.
--

- RODNEY

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:04:13 -0500, "Rodney T. Grill"

he's confused the keyless go with the regular key fob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included, reply via the newsgroups or ask for a valid email address.

I have not used a vehicle with Keyless Go. Isn't it just an RFID card that you keep in your billfold, and thus the "key" would not require any batteries?
--

- RODNEY

On my 1999 E55 I removed the batteries and it would start the car just fine. I am unsure about the new Keyless Go cars.
If you look in your owners manual it should state this.
--
Jeff