Question for Karl

Is it possible to cross reference part number to see if this EHA valve is the right number? New Bosch part in Bosch box. Number on box is 3437010040 which all the parts suppliers say is the correct EHA Valve for my car. The number stamped into the part itself is different it reads 2437020009 is this the right part or was it mislabled? I was lead to believe that there is only part number for the EHA Valve on all W126 V8 engines but this one does not work on my car. It fits, and it connects as it should, but car just turns over and refuses to fire. Old one was re-installed and started immediately

Reply to
GM

I took a look at US part supplier on the EHA... damn! Those thing are expensive! One place wants $1200... and the other place where I buy most of the parts wants only $277 (Autohausaz.com).Both place said same part number.

This is the Bosch part number: 3 437 010 040 and is the same as you posted. It comes with a new wire adapter to interface the new one to the old.

Did you put in the new o-ring seals?

Maybe you just got a bad one. If you bought it from your dealer, exchange it.

Reply to
Tiger