Question on "Stage 2 PERFORMANCE INTAKE KIT" for SD

There is an item on eBay I am curious about. Does anyone know anything about a "MERCEDES 300SD 300D Stage 2 PERFORMANCE INTAKE KIT?" A description can be
seen on eBay, Item number: 7935793921.
Creative marketing.
Very pricey for what it is.
Its been on and off eBay for the last 6 months... still hasn't sold

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 20:05:25 GMT, "Memphis10c" wrote:

This will let your engine breathe better. It will make a noticable (if slight) increase to power (usually about the 4-5 bhp sort of mark). The most noticable thing though will be the increased induction noise. The car will sound far more racey at the lights. A real deep throaty growl. The price is about right for this kind of kit, and as the filter is washable you'll never have to buy another airfilter again for that car.
Slight increase in power, slight increase in noise and a better looking engine bay. Personally I like my motors real quiet, but it's your car! If you like the look of it.. go for it. Mike
--
W126 300SE
W115 220/8

Only problem is that it is sucking hot engine compartment air.
Price is typical of a conical K&N filter setup... but a real cold air intake is like the one on 1995 Mercedes E300D... you know that gills on the passenger side fender?
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:56:30 GMT, "Tiger" wrote:

Common trick in the car modifying world is to duct cold air from behind the grill using heat proof aluminium flexible hose. This rams cold air into the filter. This cold blast makes for a very dense intake charge. Like all things, there are pro's and con's. If you want power, look at what the touring car racers are using - they have no room for the added weight of snake oil ;) Mike
--
W126 300SE
W115 220/8