Questions about 4Matic...

Hello,
I've seen some unfavourable comment about 4Matic in this newsgroup. No explanation is given for that. Aside from its traditional Mercedes-Benz
complexity, what's wrong with 4Matic?
Care to explain more? Thanks!
Oliver

Nothing is wrong with MBs current iteration of 4 matic. The early ninties version was problem prone but the current one with 4 wheel electronic traction control is far simpler. I've had one through 4 winters now without a single problem. People had speculated that this would put excess wear on the brakes but I'm on my original set with 47000+ miles.
what's wrong with 4Matic?
Aside from its traditional Mercedes-Benz complexity,
That about answers the question for anyone who might have to pay for its repair out of his own pocket. Prospective buyers should know what they may be taking on and so consider whether their need for 4-matic justifies its potential repair costs.
It is something that you really don't need in day to day driving. It costs more to buy and much more to repair. Take a pass on 4-matic. ___________________________________________