Questions about 500sel AMG

Hi-
A 1984 500sel AMG I have seen around and longed for is now for sale and I have a couple of questions Im hoping someone can help with. First off,
about what would be a fair price (roughly speaking of course) and how do you tell how much AMG did to it? Secondly, is there any difference between the ones that say 500sel on the trunk and the ones like this one that say 5.0? Also, is there anything that I really need to look out for, know troubles and the like? Itd be a third car right now so the extra money for upkeep isnt a problem but if there are serious flaws Id like to know. I have read some bad things about the 500sel suspension, would that apply to the AMG as well? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
John 80 300sd
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

Are you sure it wasn't the 560sel's suspension you heard bad things about? AFAIK the 500 uses a conventional suspension. Richard
In

Air suspension was an option on the 500 SEL. I was lucky, mine didn't have it.
I miss my 500, but I don't miss the fuel bills.
--
Pete M

Mercedes 260E