Questions on Merc. 87 300 E-class sedan

Is this car diesel or gas? Gas, I suppose? It has the 3 liter 6-cyl. engine, that I know. How does this engine compare to the 300D 5-cyl. for reliability and durability? Thanks, Geronimo.

That car is most likely to be gasoline. Good power and just as reliable as the diesel as long there is no preexisting problem.
Easy! Diesel motors do not have spark plugs or plug wires. When the igniton is turned "on", if there is an amber light on the dash (glow lite), it's a diesel. The only six cylinder diesel Mercedes ever imported in the 124 body was in 1987. This turbo diesel has specific badging on the back trunk lid. It would read, 300D on the left and TURBO on the right. The six cylinder is better than the five and is extremely durable, just don't use green antifreeze and change the brake, tranny, and oil as required. PK