R107 300SL

Hello,

Newbie to the group but have owned a Mercedes in the past (W123 280E) On Monday I am going to look at the following

300 SL 87 D registration Automatic Signal Red Sadle beige Leather 83,000 miles waranted (full serivice history) all paperwork Just seriviced

Anything particular to look out for with this model, sounds pretty nice so far. I guess the timing chain should last for a lot longer or will be noisy if it need doing. Have also heard about some head gasket failures with this engine, is this common ?

Any advice most welcome, Thanks in advance

Ben

Reply to
Big Ben