R129 (SL500/300/320) Door disassembly pics

Hi All,
My '94 SL recently developed a groan when the driver's door was opened or closed (arrrgh!)... the cause: broken ear tangs on the door-check assembly.
Rather than confront an expen$ive repair bill from MB, I decided to try tackling the problem myself (I was a gearhead in an early part of my life, but remain a thrifty Scotsman throughout my whole life :o)
Several postings could be found on the net which listed procedures for dissecting an R129 door (ouch!), but I could not find any that were illustrated (old farts like me need visuals to guide us! :o) I thought I'd put my own spin on it and took a few pics along the way so as to spare others the angst of muddling about if they are confronted with similar door-surgery (or speaker replacement, or...):
http://www.astro-nut.com/mb-door.html
Here's to helping each other save a few bucks and knuckles!
Paul
DISCLAIMER: This material may or may not help you, and is intended for informational use only. Use it at your own risk!
--- http://www.astro-nut.com ---
Paul Hyndman wrote:

Nicely done!
Juergen