Racing 300SL gullwing hood

I am selling this very rare piece of Mercedes history. It is from a gullwing that was raced in the late 50s. I have been trying to find the history on this item but I haven't had much luck. If you know anything about a car #46 that was raced during that time please contact me. The hood has some dents but could be fixed and used but I think it is worth more as a historical piece. You can see pics of the hood at the link below.

Jett107