Rad Fluid leak in a 300SEL

Hello,
I have a 1988 300SEL. I have a radiator fluid leak somewhere above the oil pan. You can see the fluid dripping right under the oil pan. The area
above the oil pan is too tight and I wasn't able to see anything with a flash light. Are there any hoses carrying the radiator fluid in that area? and if yes, is it easy to replace? Appreciate your help in advance.
Rad Fluid leak in a 300SEL Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Fri, Jul 4, 2003, 9:56pm From: snipped-for-privacy@JoiMail.com (Hanz) Hello, I have a 1988 300SEL. I have a radiator fluid leak somewhere above the oil pan. You can see the fluid dripping right under the oil pan. The area above the oil pan is too tight and I wasn't able to see anything with a flash light. Are there any hoses carrying the radiator fluid in that area? and if yes, is it easy to replace? Appreciate your help in advance. **************************************************** If its anything like mine (not the same model) it was a water pump (couldn't see where it was coming from, too) including the idler tensioner assy and shock absorber it was (gulp) $1,100.00. My mechanic (dealer) pressure tested the system and you could see the coolant leaking. IMO not a DIY unless you have the tools and know-how. Ciao!