radiator neck i.d.

Hi all, well my rad hose came off again the other day with my wife driving. No good. As is, the rad neck broke about half way along so that about 1 to
2" of neck remain and in addition I had to cut about 1 to 2" off the hose since it leaked near the end. Sooo, not suprising that the hose pulls off periodically especially considering I don't want to overtighten. I will put a new hose on to give more playroom when engine is moving but in order to avoid a new radiator, I thought I would simply reinforce the neck with some tubing inside..... anyone done this and happen to know the best OD tubing to go along with the radiator neck ID? ie to fit inside the neck.
cheers
You have to buy new radiator... No other way around it. You need the nipple at the end of that radiator neck to prevent it from pulling out.
What car do you have? Maybe I can source a cheap radiator for you.

ahhhh, there is a nipple there. No wonder the hose pulls off occasionally the car is a '89 300E. However, I'm in Toronto, Canada....
cheers
Lots of cheap radiators on ebay. Contact seller for shipping cost.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle00e+radiator&category0
I know the $76 wants $50 shipping to canada... but he probably declare $76 value... don't know what your custom would charge on handling.
Thanks for all the kind suggestions. The hose stayed on the 'short' ie broken neck without the nipple for about a year even though I didn't tighten it very much for fear of braking the neck. Consequently, I don't think the hose will slip off 'that' easily. Soooo, I'm going to try and JB glue (good stuff that, thanks for that reminder) a well fitting short piece of tubing inside the neck so that I can clamp down on the hose better, I will replace the hose so that it won't tend to 'yank' on the connection as much when the motor is torquing.... I'll report back
cheers, guenter
Had the same on my 91SDL years ago. Used JB Weld to repair the break, and it held fine for several years, till I had to change the radiator for other reasons. Worth a try.....
dd