Radio

I can only hear my radio when I open the door. The radio works but the sound in the driver side speakers is on and off. I was told that this happens a lot in European designed cars which is solace. Has
anyone else had this problem? Is it a dealer only repair? Any suggestions/
What car do you have?

Sorry, 2002 C240 mercedes.