radio

My kid spilled water (no more drinks allowed in daddy's car!) on my Becker radio. I was having allot of issues with the radio, so now that it has stopped working, Can anyone recommend one to me? I need a radio and
speakers. I need the radio w/ some power for my hearing is going. Anyone?
I have a 1989 560SEL.
TIA,
Bill
Any compentent stereo shop can do the full install for you. However, they need to know hot to take that radio out.
Pull out the ashtray... pull out the ashtray insert, remove two screws...
Put parking brake on... shift gear to back... then pull out entire ashtray unit out. From here, they can do all the work for you.
You can simply just replace the radio. Make sure they get the polarity of the speaker right... if wrong, would sound bassy and no treble... if right, you can hear the treble.

In my 87 300D I parted with the old Becker Gran Prix and put in a later 1492, out of a 94+ E series. It's a better radio, though it did require some harness adaptation. And it has that nice weather channel feature.