Radio Aux connection for 2005 E320 CDI

HOw do you hook up to the aux connection on the radio

Reply to
Watching You1

Dude ( or Dudette ).

You must REALLY like that Merc to want to HOOK UP with it. Perhaps you should do less watching, it is creepy.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I just got my 2005 CLK320- There is a jack in the glove box which is connected to the aux radio input. I just plug my iPod into the jack and press aux in the audio menu (choices are radio, CD changer, CD player, or aux.) I don't know if all the cars are wired that way or only those with the Command system.

Reply to
ajb723

For those installations that do not have an auxiliary socket the easy alternative is to buy a Wireless Car FM Transmitter available for about $40 (AUS) from most radio stores. These devises plug into your CD/MD/PDA/MP3/ iPOD and transmit the output to the FM band of your radio. This is the most effective, simple and cheapest alternate Joe

Reply to
Sifeba

I do not prefer the FM solution as the quality is compromised and the frequency availability is competed for in most urban areas.

Mbforums.org probably have an installation guide for this model (they do for the C W203) to intercept the wiring and plug in an aux-in adaptor. Worth the effort imo.

Reply to
charles blassberg

Standard on 05.5 C-Class too I'm told (and hope!)

Which will do nicely until the ipod integration kit is available in the UK for me

Reply to
charles blassberg

I tried that and the results were inconsistent, depending on where I was. I have since then replaced the wireless FM Transmitter with this

============ BuckShot LeFunk ==

1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic

Sifeba wrote:

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

You may also want to try this link

============ BuckShot LeFunk ==

1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic

charles blassberg wrote:

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

Is there a little mini-headphone jack in the back of the glove box?

Jan

Reply to
Jan