Radio help for upgrade

I would like to upgrade my old Becker Europe with a Cd player. But the idea of doing it is daunting. I don't have a wiring diagram and am wondering if I
can just use the front speaker(R&L) wires and ignore the rear wires. That would mean it used the console fader control to control front and rear. Any ideas?
Steve
If no one has an answer, can they point me to an online source to help me out>
I believe that there are many after-market CD players that can use RF frequency rather than splicing into your radio. Since the CD player might rely on the amplifier in (or connected to) the existing radio, simply connecting the CD player (unless it, to, has an amp) might not work. Of course you could look at completely replacing the old Becker with either a more recent model or an all together different radio.
Also, take a look at http://www.beckerautosound.com . While they no longer handle CD changers directly, they do have a number to call for questions as well as a place to post questions.
Joel

I replaced the MB radio/cassette player with a CD/MP3/WMA player in my 2001 CLK430 Cab.and it was easy, said the installer BUT I did not have the BOSE system nor Comand system that supposedly makes switching very difficult.

idea
Any

You don't indicate which model car we're talking about. I replaced the Becker in an 80 300SD with no problems. One thing you'll have to do is eliminate the console fader control, as this is built into the new radios. I just fashioned a nice black plastic cover to replace it with, cut from a piece of hobby plastic. It wasn't hard to identify which wires went where without any wiring diagram.
You definitely don't want to eliminate the rear speakers. There is more room back there to fit a decent size pair, so that you can get good bass. Little cones up front just can't do that. Also, I would replace all the speakers if the car is old, as speaker cones dry out and deteriorate over time. The quality of the speakers will make a bigger difference in how it sounds than whatever new radio you put in.
On 22 Nov 2003 06:53:42 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Chet Hayes) wrote:

c'mon. It's not like they were ever wet
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...