Radio installation in C220

Going to install cd/mp3 (Alpine) player in 96 C220. When I purchased it the guy told me there wasn't a wiring harness available for that car. Is there anything special I have to know about the installation. A friend of
mine had a hard time installing one in his 91 300SE because of issues with the separate amp and the speakers were all wired through it.
The degree of difficulty will depend on whether your current stereo is a Bose system or not. If you have a basic system, things will be much easier. You can find wiring harness adapters on Ebay for $6 with shipping.