raditor replacement cost

what is a fair price for replacing a radiator on a 98e320, [103K]...also replacingf the lower ball joints, thanks for info

AutoHausAZ.com says a Nissens radiator itself is $186. I would say an independent shop probably will charge $350 to $500. You can add at least 50% more for a dealer to do the work.
The ball joint part is less than $40. It looks like no pressing is needed. Therefore, I would say no more than $100 (one side) at independent. However, wheel alignment is needed after replacing the ball joint. That is another $100.
My guestimation is based on my own experience (at rate around Washington DC, USA), not by standard method (there is labor hour reference for all works, for all cars). However, I don't have experience on your particular model so the figures may be off (but should not be too much).
slomo wrote:

I would have to say add 50% more to what Tan said... for more realistic price at shops. They are going to charge you retail price of radiator no matter where you go.
I did 01 E320 radiator myself... it is not too hard to change yourself... you got tons of room to work on it. The only thing was a pain to get to was the transmission oil lines...
Don't forget radiator hoses too.
As for lower ball joint, alot of time, they rather change out the lower control arm instead of the ball joint itself so that is why it is so expensive. But it is not like they got to take a bunch of stuff off... I think they just have to pull the lower ball joint off and two bolts to get the arm off... Everything else hangs on the strut.
I'd say if you can find one to replace just the ball joint... $200 here...
Thanks for the correction. I usually quote 2-3 times of the parts price as the cost of independent shop. Tiger is right. The shops charge retail price of parts.