Rain Problem On 380sl

Can anybody tell me where the where water in supposed to drain out of when it enters the air intake grills just under the windshield on bioth sides of a 107?

Water has been leaking down onto the floor on the driver's side when it rains, so I ran water into the intake grill, and sure enough, it came into the car. However, most of it seemed to be coming out from between the metal fins that run under the rocker panels. Is that the normal place for rain water to go? Are therewdrains under the air intake gtills that get clogged? Or am I going to be looking at a corossion problem if I take the grills off ?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Larry Burns